Wednesday, November 4, 2009

time together isn't ever quite enough



"I know. I know that I shall never again meet anything or anybody that will inspire me with passion. You know, it's quite an undertaking to start loving somebody. You have to have energy, generosity, blindness...There is even a moment, right at the start, where you have to jump across an abyss; if you think about it you don't do it. I know that I shall never jump again."
-Nausea, by Sartre

this passage is by no means representative of how i feel about love - i just liked it. hurray for existentialism...i must have read the word "existence", "superfluous" and "absurd" about twenty times tonight :P

picture from weheartit.com, song by owl city. favourite new band, check out now now now :)

in other news...used my halfterm for creative pursuits...namely, dressing as a selkie for halloween. i thought a selkie was just your run-of-the-mill sea spirit which transforms into a woman, so i had it all figured out. bought green hairspray to look like bits of seaweed in my hair, and silver face paint to look like scales. then i found out a selkie is actually a SEAL which turns into a woman. NICE ONE. so yeah, fail on the costume front, but i had a good halloween - boyfriend dressed up as a mummy. completely covered in toilet roll. he always has the most dramatic costume! last party he decided to go as a tiger (the theme was "circus") at the last minute - cue frantic upper body painting with orange and black stripes :)

OH! and i was lucky enough to meet the members of bloc party - my favourite band! at the afterparty of their show in cambridge. basically dom was pimping me out to get autographs from kele, who was dj-ing, and then russell and matt too. remember aaaaages ago i said i had a bit of a crush on russell? probably don't. well. i was already a little bit drunk (thank you asian genes) and dizzyfied after the gig, so i had no problems with my nerves when getting autographs. i even had a nice chat with matt, the drummer, cause we're both from malaysia! hell yeah! but then dom decided he wanted to get friendlier with matt, so i did slave duty again and offered to do shots with him. he accepted. talk about being starstruck...i kept thinking "this is so insane" to myself...and it only got weirder. matt allowed dom to smear my orange glowpaint (£4 from reading festival!) all over his face. that's right. his manager made him go wash it off later, but HEY. he then proceeded to dance with us ^_^ which was...interesting. i vaguely remember myself half-insulting him - and myself - by telling him asians can't dance...the manager was also kinda nasty to laura, told her to back off because she and matt were dancing pretty close. bad manager. though he consented to show me the moves. that man can spin. (other highlights of the night - laura and i almost getting gangraped while dancing on a box, while dom and jack shared a happy little manhug in the corner, oblivious to our damsels-in-distress situation).

needless to say, i had a brilliant night. head still spinning a week later...
i'll put up the few photos we managed to take when dom finally sends them to me (hint)

and one last thing...i got a uni offer today :O! from warwick. so pleased, i can finally say i can (probably) go to university!

bedtime now, long day tomorrow...zzzz
and dom, if you're reading this on the 5th..happy 10 months :)

ciao <3

2 comments:

  1. I am :)
    And it was I who offered to have shots with him, not you. so NYAGH!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIES!
    possibly. memory not quite...there...
    but HEY. you wouldnt have done ANY shots had it not been for me getting pimped out :) i quote. "get autographs! look pretty!"
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete