Tuesday, January 27, 2009

hijack my heart

i'm in utter lust with dusk till dawn lately. mmm, can't get enough of that delicious 80's echo.

i fainted on the tube today :o! i'd woken up a bit late, so i skipped breakfast and positively sprinted through baker st station to catch the tube to school. my heart was pounding and my breathing laboured when i pushed my way on, but i'm seriously unfit, so i thought nothing of it. then i started feeling all cold and clammy, so i yanked out my headphones ("spitfire" by prodigy was playing, which makes my heart palpitate anyway) and seized the pole in front of me for support, but my knees buckled under me and i passed out. i felt people grabbing me by the arms and dragging me off the tube and on to the platform. when i came to i recognised my surroundings (euston sq). there was a jolly station manager clutching a first aid box in front of me; he brought me a glass of water and made me lie down on a bench. though i saw i wasn't worst off - there was a woman in shock next to me who'd tripped over a banker's bag strap and broken her middle and index fingers. her bones were protruding through her skin. i nearly fainted again. i know i really should get over my squeamishness, but YUCK.

anyway, i was lucky because my dad works near euston square, so he picked me up from the station and bought me breakfast at the nearest greasy spoon. he was going to let me go home but i wanted to go to school (missed far too many lessons for my own good lately) and he insisted on driving me. thanks dad!

got my provisional timetable for AS exams today, and they are approaching faster than orcs gunning for gondor. DAMMIT. mocks are even sooner. and since my mother has imposed a midnight bedtime tonight, looks like i'll have to do work now and play later. grr. til then. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment