Thursday, January 22, 2009

this world has turned to see-through


bah. let mumm-ra get you high here.

dammit, willa holland. she's the type of girl i'd aspire to be if i had the guts. she's only half a year older than me, yet she's already achieved that effortless cool...you know, that vibe that says, smirkingly, "you can't stop looking at me, can you?" and everyone just falls in love with her. grrr. *jealous*. right, going to turn off the girl love tap now.

anyway. speaking of things that get me high...i've got maximum adoration for this t.s eliot poem we read in english a coupla days ago. i loved it so much i wrote it out and stuck it up on my wall. here's a condensed version (which would probably make eliot turn in his grave, but hey, they're my favourite parts, and that's what counts):

marina
those who glitter with the glory of the hummingbird, meaning
death...
are become unsubstantial, reduced by a wind,
a breath of pine, and the woodsong fog
by this grace dissolved in place
what is this face, less clear and clearer
the pulse in the arm, less strong and stronger -
given or lent? more distant than stars and nearer than the eye...
this form, this face, this life
living to live in a world of time beyond me; let me
resign my life for this life, my speech for that unspoken,
the awakened, lips parted, the hope, the new ships.

like it? read the full version of marina here

one day 'til the weekend! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment